After a long tiring day, we all need a place where we can relax, such as a comfortable bed or sofa, an air conditioned room, soft music playing in background, among sweet smelling flowers. To enjoy this kind of relaxation and also to save ourselves from the scorching hit of sun, we buy air conditioners. But purchasing an AC and maintaining it can be very costly. On the top of all, the electric bill can be another thing of our concern. This is only summer scenario, in winter one has to use room heater or lit up their fire place. To spare us from all these expenses, now we can buy a heat pump system. This system can control the temperature of an entire house with its advanced technologies.
Instead of buying two or three devices, one can now buy a heat pump, which can do dual service. It can increase the heat of our room in winter times and decrease the heat of the house in summer. This dual service providing pumps are very useful for heating up and cooling down our house according to the weather.
Heats pumps take heat from a particular source and use it to heat up the house. The heat source can be of three types, air, water and earth. Based on these sources, there are three types of heat pumps, those are:
- Air to Air heat pump: Here the heat pump takes the heat from air. At first the pump soaks the heat from outside air and then processes it and eliminates warm or cool air according to weather.
- Water to Air heat pump: In this case the pump takes the heat from nearby water source to control the eliminating air flow. If the weather is hot then it releases cool air and vice versa.
- Earth to Air heat pump: These pumps collect the heat from ground. This type of pump is very useful in winter times. After certain depth, the earth has a fixed temperature. So the pump can use that stable temperature to heat up our house.
Thus a heat pump system uses these various natural resources to draw its power and make the house temperature comfortable for us. There are many reasons behind its popularity these days, such as:
- It is very cost effective. Instead of investing the money to two devices, now one can buy this two in one device, which can act as both, a cooling and a heating device. A heavy budget air conditioner or a room heater is not needed anymore.
- Even after all the heating and cooling process, a heat pump will not affect the electricity bill. With a very minimum electricity bill now one can enjoy their desired room temperature.
- Because heating pumps work as a dual device, people can enjoy warm and cool temperature simultaneously from a single system.
- As the pumps use natural energy so it causes no pollution or no wastage of energy takes place.
A heat pump system works perfectly in households to let us stay in a comfortable temperature.