Sri Ramaswami Memorial University or SRM University is a famous private university in India that offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses in India. The university has four campuses across India out of which SRM medical college, hospital and research centre provides medical courses. The college was established in the year 2005 and is now called SRM Institute of Science and Technology. The college offers a plethora of programs to students like MBBS, MD, MS, DM, Mch, etc. through NEET.
SRM Medical College is located on NH 45 GST Road at Potheri. The 33.61-acre campus intakes 150 students every year for undergraduate courses. Presently, there are 1210 beds in the hospital and it believes in teamwork, accountability, commitment, integrity, perseverance, innovation and communication.
There are various amenities and facilities that the SRM Institute of Technology provides to the student and the faculty. Mentioned below are the facilities provided by the college:
- Hostel: There are separate hostel facilities for men and women in the SRM University campus. The rooms are well-equipped with basic furniture and study-table. There is a modern kitchen that serves both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food items.
- Student Counselling: There is a professional counsellor on-campus to guide the students with the difficulties they are facing. All the counselling sessions are confidential.
- Library: There are a plethora of books available to read in the college library. The library is equipped with books related to engineering and technology, medical sciences, humanitarian, etc. There are also facilities like CCTV, reading room and fire alarms.
- Cafe: There is an on-campus cafe that remains open for students 12-15 hours a day and serves all sorts of fast food items.
- Community Radio: Muthucharam community radio is a campus radio that runs at the frequency of 90.4 Mhz. The main objective of the radio is to provide knowledge to the students on various subjects like environment, agriculture, health and rural development.
- National Service Scheme: NSS comes under the ministry of youth affair and sports and helps in personality development of students by incorporating discipline among them.
Courses & Eligibility
A student can get admission in undergraduate programs and postgraduate programs at SRM University. There is a MBBS course in the undergraduate program, and the candidate should have an eligible NEET score and must be of 17 years or above. In postgraduate programs, the candidate can secure a seat in MD and MS by passing MBBS or an equivalent degree. The medical college also offers super speciality programs like Mch and DM.
There are various services that SRM Medical College offers to the students, faculties and patients. Below is the list of services they provide:
- Casualty and emergency service: There is a fully modernized and equipped level 1 traumatic centre in the SRM Medical Hospital. The emergency department was started in the year 2014 and is under the exceptional team of physicians that are on duty 24/7.
- Ambulance: There is ambulance service available 24/7 that is accompanied by a qualified nursing and paramedic team. It facilitates inter-hospital and intra-hospital services.
- Operation theatre services: Eighteen operation theatres are fully equipped with modern facilities. Further, there are four minor operation theatres to cater to sceptic, labour and minor cases.
- Central laboratory: There is a central laboratory that plays an essential role in the diagnosis, prognosis, and treatments of patients. There is a dedicated staff to perform the duty and students can learn a lot from it.
SRM Institute of Technology is an apt school to pursue medical courses. There are numerous undergraduate, postgraduate and special courses that a student can pursue in the field of medicine. The college aims at setting a benchmark for students in the field of medical education. The university provides a plethora of medical courses to the students. Further, many big brands come to the university for placements. They do what they believe in by striving for excellence in the academic and medical field. Further, they provide education to students with a mix of traditional approach and advanced technology. Also, they excel in providing health services to the people through their medical college hospital.
Check out SRM University courses & their fees and download brochures & admission details of all courses at https://www.shiksha.com/university/srmist-srm-institute-of-science-and-technology-chennai-24749/courses