Call it dental hygiene or oral health. It is way more important than your healthy external body. Of course, that is important too. But your oral cavity stands in both categories of an internal and external body. Cleanliness and hygiene check of the oral cavity by a dentist is crucial because it is a midway passage that connects your internal body to all the outside objects to get inside. Hence, germs and alien organisms get collected in this cavity and decay. Thus, dental hygiene is essential to be taken care of.
Few key reasons to take care of your dental hygiene
- Gum disease develops other health issues – London dentist has mentioned that an ignored and unattended dental problem with the gums may lead to severe heart-related problems, diabetes and gum infections.
- An unhealthy oral cavity is an initiation to an unhealthy respiratory system – An unhygienic mouth is a hallway to germs and various bacteria. Since your mouth is connected with the windpipe and the oesophagus, it gives an easy pathway to these foreign bodies to enter our internal organs. The bacteria may enter and reach the lungs, stomach and other unfavourable places. Many times, this leads to difficulty in the process of respiration heading towards chronic respiratory diseases. Following this, your lungs get infected and may develop into a serious lung disease like pneumonia. This may also lead to cancer.
- Dental hygiene that is not taken good care of turns your body to malnutrition – Painful dental areas result in inadequate intake of proper food. People start to avoid the intake of any food or drinks. It gets difficult for anyone to eat properly while suffering from pain in the oral cavity. Hence, most of the time, pain in the mouth leads to malnutrition. Since you are unable to eat most of the things due to the feeling of pain in the mouth, this affects the health of the overall body since the intake of nutrients becomes limited.
- Dental pain is one of the most severe pains experienced by a human body – Be it a pain in the gums, tooth, or anywhere inside the mouth, it becomes worse if not treated by a London dentist on time. It is well known that even minute problems in the oral cavity result in immeasurably intolerable pain in the mouth. And such pain does not allow you to eat or drink comfortably.
- Damaging bacteria from an unhygienic mouth can travel to the brain for worse – Recent studies show that many dental-related problems have led patients to Alzheimer’s. In such cases, new kinds of harmful bacteria breed in the unhygienic environment of the mouth and travel to the brain. This kind of bacteria causes Alzheimer’s too, to the dental patient.
According to a survey done on both dental and non-dental patient’s experiences, dental pain is more severe than any other major pain in any other part of the body. Hence, to save yourself from that enormous pain, practice decent dental hygiene by visiting a dentist regularly.