Aromatherapy is one way how frankincense essential oil helps to fight anxiety. Aromatherapy is the process of inhaling natural oils with a fragrance to enhance your well-being. One theory of how they function is that they can send signals to your nervous system by activating the smell receptors within your nose. They are often thought to have a profound effect on the chemical and energy systems of the body.
Aromatherapy is sometimes used as a natural cure to alleviate anxiety and stress. It is important to dilute essential oils with a carrier oil before they are added to the skin, which reduces the chance of irritation as it is highly concentrated. Generally, 1 ounce of carrier oil should be diluted for every 15 drops of essential oil.
Usually, Frankincense oil is used under the following conditions in aromatherapy:
Frankincense Essential Oil, when diffused, can improve the mood as well as battle stress and anxiety. This enhances intuition by enhancing concentration and deepens a spiritual bond. Apart from using Frankincense essential oil for alleviating stress and anxiety, it has other uses also.
- Using frankincense essential oil as an ingredient in skin care products, and it is used to treat dry skin issues and reduce the appearance of wrinkles, age spots, scars and stretch marks.
- Frankincense Essential Oil effectively relieves all kinds of pain, both emotional and physical, in a massage. It alleviates inflammation, restores skin and promotes digestion.
- Frankincense Essential Oil can nourish skin in a bath, decrease cold symptoms, and enhance the immune function of the body through its anti-microbial properties.
- Frankincense Essential Oil promotes cell regeneration in cosmetics, detoxifies pores and relieves itchiness related to dry skins.
- Frankincense Oil can be added to a diffuser or vaporizer and for its earthy scent, known to improve the mood and counter stress and anxiety.
- The Frankincense essential oil fragrance is believed to enhance intuition and deepen a spiritual bond by growing emphasis, irrespective of the activity.
- A few drops of Frankincense is also capable of killing airborne bacteria, applied to a diffuser or combined with water to create an air-freshening spray. Sprayed in a bedroom at night, this will help you reach a state of relaxation and sleep preparation.
- Boswellic acid, an ingredient in Frankincense, has been studied for its anti-inflammatory and anti-tumour effects.
- Promotes smooth skin: an essential natural anti-acne and anti-wrinkle treatment is the Frankincense oil.
- It is said that Frankincense prevents the menopause and decreases menstrual cramping, nausea, headaches and mood changes.
- Some small studies suggest that in humans with diabetes, Frankincense may help lower blood sugar levels.
There are a lot of things to keep in mind while getting essential oils. It is not advisable to use essential oils directly on the skin. It has to be always diluted in the carrier oils like coconut oil or olive oil before applying it on the skin or hair. You should also get essential oils from authentic stores or websites. Online delivery options are also available.