A ducted air conditioning unit works using a system of ‘ducts’ or insulated pipes that circulate cool air around your home. Thus, a ducted air conditioning unit is more efficient for cooling. If you want to turn your home into a complete comfort zone, then ducted air conditioning would be the perfect solution for you. With separate indoor and outdoor units, the flexible air vents of the system will distribute conditioned air uniformly throughout the house. Before we move on to know how to choose the best system for your property,
let’s have a look at some of the benefits of having this air conditioning system.
- The best thing about ducted AC systems is that unlike window and split air conditioners, these systems remain almost invisible, with only the grills and the controller visible in your property. This means that they do not consume space in your house and they also do not compromise with the aesthetics of your interiors.
- Ducted air conditioning system can be installed not only in a new home, but can also be added to your existing property.
- These systems improve your lifestyle and add a significant amount of value to your house.
- Since these systems give you the flexibility to adjust temperatures in different rooms and even turn them off in places where cooling is not needed, they help in saving energy too.
- As they help in saving energy, and also they help in saving money on energy bills.
Choosing the Best Ducted Air Conditioning System
If you are out there to find the best system, here are a few things you must look into:
- Cooling capacity: Ducted AC systems usually range from 10 kWh to 27 kWh. The higher kWH you choose, the better would be the system’s cooling capacity. If you want to distribute air into multiple rooms at a time, then you will need to choose a system with high cooling capacity. But if you want to cool down only a couple of rooms, then a system with low cooling capacity would suffice. The cooling capacity you choose also depends on the shaded areas in your house that need less cooling, the peak temperatures at the warmest months of the year in your area, the level of cooling that you find comfortable as per your body type, etc. A cooling capacity that is too small will overload your cooling system and cause a lot of problems.
- Noise production: Since most ducted air conditioning systems are capable of cooling in summers and heating in winters, you would probably be keeping them on almost all year round. Due to this, it becomes important to choose the one that does not start producing weird sounds due to extended use. Search for ducted air conditioning models that put a premium on keeping down the noise levels
- Maintenance needs: Every air conditioning system needs professional service at least once in a year so that it can keep running efficiently for long. But there may be certain things that you can do on your own, such as cleaning the filters, dusting the coil, etc. Find out how easy it is, can you perform such tasks on your own, or you need to call professionals every time you want to get them done. Try to buy a system that allows you to change the filters without having to bring in a professional every few months to take care of the filters.
Get installation done by a professional only
Once you make up your mind to have a ducted air conditioning system in your house, and you choose the best system as well, you should always insist on installation to be done by a professional expert only. Remember, no matter how best your system is, improper installation will make it useless to a great extent. To maximize the system’s cooling effect and to make it energy-efficient as well, make sure that you get it installed by an experienced professional only.
So, as you head on to shop for your ducted air conditioning system, be sure to check the above details and get it installed by a professional. Make sure that the installers who arrive at your place are experienced and certified so that you can get the most out of your system.