Muffins and cupcakes are delicious desserts that are loved by a lot of people out there. Both of them are perfect for people who like having a light meal. However, most people confuse the muffin pans with cupcake pans. Some of them consider both the pans are the same. Are you also one of them? If yes, then you are in the right place.
Below, in our article, we are going to discuss the differences between a cupcake pan and a muffin pan. We would suggest our readers to read the below information mindfully so that they may have a better idea of what we are trying to say here.
Let us first find out the differences between muffins and cupcakes:
Muffin vs. Cupcake:
- To prepare muffins, some special types of flours are used such as wheat flour, nut flour, or oat flour. On the other hand, the preparation of cupcakes can be done using all types of flour.
- The preparation of muffins do not require much sugar, while the preparation of cupcakes need a greater quantity of sugar.
- If we talk about mix-ins, cupcakes do not require extra ingredients like chocolate chips, nuts, and dry-fruits. While the preparation of muffin requires all the extra mix-ins.
- For muffins, vegetable oil is used while butter is used for cupcakes.
- The muffins are considered to be coarser and healthy as compared to the cupcakes.
What are the differences between cupcake pans and muffin pans?
After knowing the differences between cupcakes and muffins, let us now look at the differences between a muffin pan and a cupcake pan. They are as follows:
- The major difference lies in the amount of batter that people pour on both the pans. It is advisable to refrain from overfilling the cup liner when making muffins otherwise the edges of the muffins will end up being crispy after the process of baking is over.
- Another difference lies in the shape of the pan. The cupcakes can be baked in the muffin pans, but it is better to bake the muffins only in the muffin pans. The standard muffin pan possesses a broad spacing in between the cups. In the case of the muffin pans, the cup lips are shallow. They offer round, large, and an attractive top to the muffins.
- When preparing the cupcake, one needs to line the walls of the cupcake pan with the help of paper. On the other hand, the muffin pans do not need to get linked with any kind of paper before baking.
- The muffin pans are deeper and have straighter side, on the other hand, the cupcake pans come in standard shapes.
- The major difference between the cupcakes and muffins lies in the batter. One should always choose the muffin and cupcake pans carefully.
The muffin pans and cupcake pans can be used interchangeably for cupcakes and muffins. But, if you truly want to bake perfectly then prefer using the specialized pans for each of them. If you love eating muffins, then choose broad and non-stick pans. However, if you care about a cupcake lover then search for right-sized cupcakes. We hope our article proves to be helpful for our readers.