Reboot your career with a job in the AI field.
AI and machine learning have proven to be effective in helping the world win a battle against COVID-19.
Early signs and screening of the infection, tracking and predicting the current patients, development of drugs and vaccines, and reducing the workload of healthcare workers, AI demonstrated its potential.
The science fiction movies watched is now turning into reality. AI is dramatically going to change the world for better. Moving forward, let us first talk about the interesting innovation the world is going to see. For someone looking to launch their career as an AI engineer or an AI specialist, this maybe the best career choice.
- Healthcare–diseases can now be accurately diagnosed, drug discovery speed has been growing, and virtual nursing assistants have started monitoring patients creating personalized patient assistance.
- Transportation – it may take a decade for things to escalate however, we may soon be able to experience autonomous cars ferrying us from one place to another.
- Education – textbooks will be digitalized using AI, early-stage tutors will be able to assist human instructors and with the help of facial analysis gauzes, the emotions of the student can help determine which student is struggling and which student is bored. This is done to better tailor the learning experience of the students.
- Manufacturing – AI-powered robots will help humans in limited tasks such as assembling and stacking, or predicting an analysis sensor to keep the equipment up and running.
- Customer service–Google is developing an AI assistant that can place human-like calls to make appointments at a salon. Simply said, the AI system will be able to understand the nuances and the context.
- Media – journalism has started embracing AI. For example, Bloomberg uses a Cyborg to help make sense of the financial reports.
As we grow better and as the society starts embracing AI, it will open up new job opportunities for the upcoming generation – maintaining and fixing the robot, designing better systems, and writing software. Most importantly robots will be replacing jobs that are too risky such as mining, drilling deep-sea oil, firefighting, and construction. We cannot exactly explain how the future workforce in AI will be, but according to experts and economists, the future will be a much fulfilling place with robots taking charge of risky jobs.
Exact skills needed to start a career in AI
To become an AI engineer, you’ll need to first earn a bachelor’s degree in subjects such as Mathematics (statistics, probability, predictions, calculus, algebra, Bayesian algorithms, logic), computer science (data structures, programming, logic, efficiency), and science (physics, mechanics, cognitive learning theory, language processing).
Remember just earning a degree won’t help you land a job on an immediate basis. Employers look for candidates with hands-on experience in tools and technologies. For instance, some may look for candidates with experience in programming languages such as Python or MatLab, and for industries like the healthcare sector, they might prefer candidates having skills in Spark and Blockchain.
However, if you’re already in the technical field like a software engineer transitioning into the AI career should not be tough. With technology growing at a rapid pace, organizations have now realized they’ll be needing AI professionals more than ever.
Many top organizations are hiring candidates with AI knowledge. Also, candidates with artificial intelligence certification have been known to earn much higher than the candidates without certifications.
Enrolling yourself in an AI certification program will not only open new avenues to different career paths but also keeps you under the radar of the potential employers https://www.techycomp.com/.